Saturday 25 January 2014

You Are What You Think & Believe.....


You Are What You Think & Believe.....

 

On the dawn of the New Year, like many others, I was energised solemnly promising self to make this New Year worthwhile and a brilliantly successful one.  I was in praise, felt determined, and loved the expectant feeling. However, by the 2nd of January, I was succumbing to a hidden struggle, my mind....

I know what it is like to have a clouded mind spiralling out of control with emotions, living in fear, hopelessness, lying beneath bed covers all day because of dread. Yet on a Sunday morning, praise God among an ecstatic charged crowd of believers but struggle to maintain the same exuberance in the privacy of my own home....

I know what it is like to live with a mind tinged with defeat, a mind that chooses negativity because it`s familiar, it`s what it believes.... auto-tuned by a negative perspective toward life.

The battle is indeed in the mind. No one can perceive the war within the host, a brewing of conflicting thoughts and paralysing emotions.  How can I continue to be loyal to such dysfunction...? Surely, I need a new rhythm of life in this year. Just plain resolutions not rooted in the Source of success, God, won`t yield much...   

The life changing decision dawned on the fact that, just because a thought flashes across my mind, it does not mean it`s worth embracing. With maturity, I am more self aware than I`ve ever been.  I realise the thoughts that dance away in the subconscious, swaying in collusion in the corridors of my mind. I watched them hopelessly subversively like a rushing train in the subway.

I`ve decided to train my mind on a new thinking format, through The Word of God, allowing it to take root in my spirit and renew my thinking. “...do not be conformed to this world, Be Transformed, by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and acceptable will of God – Romans 12:2”Inorder to step out of my mess, that I`ve been so accustomed to, I have to study The Word and Believe It... The Word of God has the ability to wash away all that does not glorify Him, uprooting all negativity from the root.  Enabling God`s own, to live a victorious life, flourishing with Health, Life, success, overcoming life`s battles.   

Though my flaws may be visibly clear as an annoying stain on a mat, they won`t deter me from believing in The Words power to cleanse and develop my character.

I have resorted not to nurse and embrace any thought contrary to The Word of God.  I may not have the ability to stop negative thinking, but surely, I am empowered not to embrace any of those negative thoughts. “You cannot stop birds from flying over your head, but you can stop them from building a nest on your head”... Kenneth Hagin Sr.

Our lifestyle always takes after our thoughts....Watch your Thoughts; they become Words, Watch your Words; they become Actions, Watch your Actions; they become Habits, Watch your Habits; they become your Character, Watch your Character; it becomes your  destiny -Unknown-

I may not know your struggles; but I know mine and I have resolved not to continue my loyalty to dysfunction. Dysfunction is not who I am, its brought me this far, but I must embrace change, break  cycles of defeat and wrong choices inorder to go further in life. I dare to trust God and His Word.

Wishing you all the best in this New Year!

His Beloved..J

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment